Top Curve Top Shadow
Border

  The Canada Calgary Mission

Border Shadow
Spacer
Spacer
   Webmaster: David J. Campos    
Spacer
Spacer
Spacer
Username: Password: Help Type:
Help Remember Me:

The Canada Calgary Mission

On July 17, 1941, a call was received by Walter Miller of Taber, Alberta, Canada from the First Presidency to preside over a newly formed Mission in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Mission was to take in the northern part of Alberta and eventually adjoining Provinces. President Miller arrived in Edmonton on September 19, 1941 to take over his new duties and to begin organizing the Mission. With the help of N. Eldon Tanner, President of the Edmonton Branch, a Mission Home was secured at 9734-106th Street. This home was used as the Mission Headquarters, serving both as a Mission Office and Mission Home for the President and his family. The Mission grew when the Province of Saskatchewan was taken from the North Central States Mission and added to the year-old Western Canadian in December of 1942. November 21, 1960 marked another change in the boundaries when the Alaskan-Canadian Mission in was formed from parts of the Western Canadian Mission, British Columbia and the Yukon Territory. The offices of the mission had been moved several times and it was now decided to move Mission Headquarters to Calgary. Temporary quarters were opened in Calgary in 1962 while awaiting the completion of the New Mission Office and Home. It was completed in June, 1963 and the Mission President and his family and the office staff moved into the Mission Office-Home complex at 910 - 70th Avenue South West. Missionary work was now going well in the Provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan with the Lamanite work also progressing well on Reserved in both Provinces. In 1970, the name of the Mission was changed to the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mission. In 1974 the Mission name was changed to the Canada Calgary Mission. Another boundary change took place in February 1976 when Saskatchewan was made part of the new Canada Winnipeg Mission, and a final boundary change too place in June, 1980 when Cranbrook, British Columbia Stake was made a part of our Mission. A new mission home for the Mission President and his family was acquired on August 26, 1985, and dedicated November4, 1985. And there you have our Mission as it is today - A Mission Of Excellence!

Mission Home Address:
7044 Farrell Road SE
Calgary, Alberta T2H 0T2
Canada

Mailing Address:
7044 Farrell Road SE
Calgary, Alberta T2H 0T2
Canada

General Phone: (403) 252-1141
Home
divider
Alumni
divider
Friends/Members
divider
Currently Serving
divider
Presidents
divider
Reunions
divider
News
divider
Messages
divider
Links
divider
Pictures
divider
Stories
divider
Polls
divider
Chat
divider
Mission Info
divider
Comments
divider

divider
Invite a friend
divider
Login
divider
Spacer Spacer
Bottom Curve Bottom Shadow

Home · Alumni · Friends/Members · Currently Serving · Presidents · Reunions · News · Messages · Links · Pictures · Stories · Polls · Chat · Mission Info · Comments

LDS Mission Network

Copyright © 1999 LDS Mission Networksm · mission.net / ldsmissions.net · All rights reserved.

Site-in-a-Box is a service mark of LDS Mission Network. Version 2.1