VENEZUELA CARACAS EAST MISSION
Translated from the Spanish by Erin Howarth, 05-27-2002
And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.
(3 Ne. 11: 11)
MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT:
I want to congratulate you for a good month of baptisms and all the efforts that you are doing in missionary work. Nevertheless we must work with more urgency to reach our goals of baptisms and also in the reactivation work of less actives since it is a program in which there has been much emphasis sine June of last year, which brings like new special bond to find many referrals. Also, the area presidency is interested in seeing the fruits of this additional responsibility for the missionaries.
In the Book of Mormon, Helaman 6:3 we read: Nevertheless, the people of the church did have great joy because of the conversion of the (Venezuelans), yea, because of the church of God, which had been established among them. And they did fellowship one with another, and did rejoice one with another, and did have great joy.
Do you know that great joy is the product of your work? How great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me! (D & C 18:16).
And remember James 5:20? Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
So what are we waiting for? Hands to the work, and we save many souls, and we cover our sins.
FIND! - BAPTIZE! - RETAIN! - ACTIVATE! - SERVE!
WILL YOU DO IT?
MESSAGE FROM ELDER GAMEZ, THE NEW HISTORICAL SECRETARY:
I am very happy to serve you from the offices of the mission power. And, I desire the Lords blessing for you in the work and that you remember two important points:
I love you very much and desire the best of success in the field.
- Maintaining clean apartments in a good state so that the Lords Spirit can dwell there. D&C 88: 119-120: Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God; That your incomings may be in the name of the Lord; that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord; that all your salutations may be in the name of the Lord, with uplifted hands unto the Most High.
- For each article that you buy for the use of the apartment, you must send an invoice to Elder Sego and write it down in the furniture inventory list for the apartment (if is something big nor articles for cleaning). This way we can take a detailed inventory of the properties of the mission.
Your servant, Elder Gamez.
|Elder Barnes|| Sister Barnes|
| Sister Child|| Sister Bohn|
|Elder Oviatt|| Elder Leavitt|
|Elder Barney|| Elder Muchacho|
THEY WENT AWAY
|Elder Quiter|| Elder Sanchez|| Elder Núñez|
|We wish them success in their new life!|
MESSAGE FROM THE ASSISTANTS:
We feel very happy about the conferences that we had last month. We want to share with you some things that we can do as missionaries to achieve success. We know that if we put these things in practice we will obtain any goal that we want.
We loved you very much,
- FAITH. This is the time to develop ours faith. We must put our confidence in Our Heavenly Father, knowing that He will bless us.
- REPENTANCE. We know that we must humble ourselves before the Father and recognize our falts every day.
- OBEDIENCE. We received the blessings as we fulfilled the commandments and the mission rules. D&C 130: 20-21: There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicatedAnd when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.
- PRAY CONTIUAMENTE. We must always have a prayer in our heart. Always thinking about the things of the mission: baptisms, discussions, investigators, how we can improve, to obtain the goals, good companionships.
- GOOD WORKS. Always let us remember the example of our Lord Jesus Christ, who was the perfect example of service and good works to all.
Elder León and Roberts
BIRTHDAYS IN APRIL
|Sister Cheatham|| 03|| Elder Norman|| 15|
|Elder Gale|| 04|| Elder Gallup ||17|
|Elder DeZort|| 06|| Elder Riding ||17|
|Elder Lopez|| 09|| Sister Howell ||25|
| Sister Adams|| 14|| Sister Andrews ||27|
| ||Elder Querales ||30|
|WE WISH YOU A HAPPY DAY!|
BAPTISMS BY ZONE IN MARCH
|GUARENAS|| 25|| 4.17|
|OCUMARE|| 20|| 2.50|
|CUMANA|| 17|| 2.43|
|SAN FELIX|| 13|| 2.17|
|GUAYANA|| 8|| 1.60|
|BARCELONA|| 17|| 1.55|
|LA PASCUA|| 6|| 1.20|
|PALO VERDE|| 5|| 1.00|
|CARACAS|| 9|| 0.95|
|MATURIN|| 7|| 0.78|
|BOLIVAR|| 3|| 0.50|
|MARGARITA|| 2|| 0.50|
|EL TIGRE|| 1|| 0.20|
|TOTAL BAPTISMS|| 134|| 1.54|
TOPICS FROM THE PRESIDENT:
We have received calls from many parents of missionaries from the north that are not receiving letters with the customary frequency, and they are worried about your well-being. We wish to insist to you all that you must take time in your preparation day to write to your parents and to let them know about your experiences and your time here in the mission.
In each interview with you I have taken the time to ask about your families, and if you stay in contact with them, and it has surprised me very much to know that your parents are worried, and they do not have news from you. Our secretary of materials, Elder Lopez is doing an excellent job in making sure that your letters and packages arrive to you as soon as possible. Now we are speaking to each zone leader to assure us that the letters that you give them are arriving on time, because we cannot think that so many of you are not writing to your families.